Just the basics.. It was my first time.
- What you'll need:
- SUSHI KIT! (HIGHLY recommended)
- 1 cup sticky rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 dashes of salt
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 pkg seaweed
- 1 avacado
- 1 cucumber sliced lengthwise
- #1 grade tuna (sushi grade)
- RICE: Rinse rice until water runs clear. Pour into pot, add water. Cover and cook on medium heat until boiling.. turn down to low and let sit for 17 minutes. DO NOT TAKE OFF THE LID!! In a pan, cook rice vinegar, olive oil, salt and sugar on medium heat until sugar dissolves. Add into rice once it's cooked and let sit until cool.
- SUSHI: cut the cucumber into long pieces length-wise..... place a thin layer of cooled rice onto a bamboo roller and then a sheet of seaweed on top of that.. Then place the cucumber, avocado and pieces of tuna lengthwise.. ROLL the bamboo so the rice goes around the tuna etc.. Take a very sharp knife and cut the roll into pieces.
- You may not get it the first time.. it takes practise to roll and it will crumble into pieces if the knife isn't sharp enough.
OH. and if you’re confused about the name.. here’s the reference: