I admit, I failed on my first time making a chicken – pulled it out and it bled.. a lot, but after many ups and downs, I’ve finally figured out a recipe (and corrected the temperature issue) to make this delicious, juicy, crispy skinned chicken.
What you’ll need:
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees (f)
- Take out an giblets from the inside of the chicken.
- Wipe the chicken skin down with a paper towel so it's not slippery/greasy.
- In a bowl, mix olive oil and garlic.
- Put the chicken in a oven safe dish and brush the oil/garlic mix allllll over the meat! Rub it on down.
- Throw on a few dashes of salt and pepper.
- When the oven has heated to 450 - put the chicken in, then immediately turn it down to 350. This will start the crispy skin process.
- Depending on the size of the bird, it may take around 1 and a half hours. HOWEVER, make sure you put in a meat thermometer - your chicken should be ready with an internal temperature of around 185 degrees.
- If you want more crispy skin - put it on broil for 3-5 minutes.