You’ll get webs of cheese in this delicious soup. Made with cheddar and monterey jack cheese.. It’s my go-to meal in the winter – and it’s FILLING. One bowl of this baby and you’ll be full for hours. My suggestion? Freeze it!
Top with fried onions for ultimate soup satisfaction.
What you’ll need:
- 1 bunch green onions - chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 4 cups thawed hashbrowns
- 4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 4 handfuls shredded cheddar/monterey jack cheese mix
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat butter over medium heat, add in onions, cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add in hashbrowns - cook additional 2-3 minutes.
- Cover hashbrowns/onions with flour - mix together, so it's all covered in flour.
- Add milk. Stirring frequently. (if your mix doesnt get thicker in say 20 minutes, add more flour)
- When it has thickened - add in bacon bits and cheese.
- Salt and pepper to taste!