While I am from Canada – I’ve spent quite a bit of time in England.. while there, I, of course, had many a sausage roll! (Greggs anyone?!).. I LOVE them, and I miss the UK so incredibly much.
So here is my sausage roll recipe – it brings me back to East Sussex immediately.
What you’ll need:
- puff pastry
- tsbp olive oil
- 1lb sausage meat
- tbsp parsley
- 3 dashes of salt
- tsp garlic powder
- handful of chopped green onions
- 1 egg
- in a pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add in sausage meat - cook until mostly brown
- add in parsley, salt, garlic and onions.
- Cook until meat is done.
- preheat oven to 400°
- cut puff pastry sheet into 6 pieces
- take one out of the six and brush an end with egg
- on the opposite end, place the meat mix and roll
- brush the top with egg so it doesn't open
- repeat with the other 5 pieces and the second sheet of puff pastry