One lesson I learned when making this – let the dough COOL before you do anything with it. I let it sit for about 5 minutes but it was still TOO hot, which made it sticky..
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup flour
- 2 1/2 tbsp white sugar
- tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup olive oil for frying
- 1/2 cup sugar for dipping!
- In a saucepan, mix water, 2 1/2 tbsp sugar, & veggie oil.
- Stir & bring to a boil over medium heat
- When sugar has dissolved, take off heat and add in flour
- Mix until it forms a ball & let it cool
- Either roll into short/small tubes with your hands OR put in a icing tube and squeeze out
- Heat olive oil at medium in another saucepan
- Drop in the dough tubes.. Keep watch!!
- When they have turned a nice shade of brown, take them out & put them into the sugar to coat.