If you haven’t ever had the Lobster and Crab dip from Jack Astor’s (in Canada), you’re missing out. It’s the best I’ve ever had.. It’s perfect for appetizers and dinner parties!
The only downside – we’ll there’s two. 1. it’s so damn good you cant put it down. 2. it’s highly fattening. I used ‘light’ products when I made mine and it was STILL good.
Although this is a copycat lobster and crab dip, I did NOT use lobster. If you’d like to add that in, feel free to add roughly 1/3 cup steamed lobster (meat). However, it tastes pretty identical to the one from JA’s.
What you’ll need:
- 8oz of plain cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp of minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 120g (1 can) of canned crab
- pinch of pepper, parsley & oregeno
- Heat cream cheese in a pan on LOW..
- Add in minced garlic, mushrroms, cheese, and herbs.
- Mix & stir in cheese & crab
- Pour the mix into a small oven safe dish
- Bake for 15-18 minutes at 350
If you want to get our recipes on the go – maybe you’re grocery shopping or cooking by the stove – Download our FREE app where you can get ALL our recipes and even submit your own!