You won’t regret this jerk chicken recipe if you like your jerk rub a little
less spicy than normal. This homemade jerk marinade is to die for!
So here’s how to make Jerk Chicken tacos!
First off, I just wanna say that this is NOT the Jamaican way of making jerk chicken. I wanted a somewhat less spicy version of this, so this is what happened! 🙂
So here’s the recipe.. throw all of this in a mixer:
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 teaspoon chilli pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
Put your chicken in a bag – I used 12 chicken fillets, 6 in each bag.
Put half of the rub in one bag, half in the other. Seal up and shake/rub so that the chicken is coated with the rub.
Refrigerate and marinate for 4 hours or more.
WHen ready, bake at 350 for 25 minutes, then broil for 10 to get nice and crispy.
Put in a taco and top with all your favourite toppings! In this video, i used, tomatoes, avocados, green onions, lettuce, sour cream and a sriracha mayo.