Wow – this pecan pie is SUPER simple and tastes delicious!
Two things I will say – 1. ideal pan size is 8 inches! and 2. Let it cool completely before trying to slice it. I tried to slice it when it was still warm and it was a bit gooey, so definitely let it cool first!
My first book ‘Keto Cravings’ is available on Amazon now!
- 2 tbsp butter – room temp
- 2 tbsp palm shortening (replace this with 2 tbsp butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp sugar substitute (I used erythritol)
- 1 cup (100g) almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup (135g) sukrin gold (or another brown sugar substitute)
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar substitute
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/8th cup (30ml) heavy cream (or sugar free maple syrup)
- 2 tbsp butter – melted
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups (150g) pecans
- In a mixing bowl, use a spoon or spatula to cream the butter, shortening, vanilla, and sugar substitute together.
- Pour in the almond flour and knead with your hands until a ball of dough forms.
- Use your hands to spread the dough as a crust in a non-stick or greased pie pan.
- Once a crust has been formed, poke it several times with a fork.
- Bake at 350°F/175°C for 10-12 minutes or until the crust is a nice golden brown. Set aside and let it cool.
- For the filling, whisk together all the ingredients except the pecans in a mixing bowl.
- Spread the pecans evenly around your pie crust and pour the egg mixture onto the pecans, filling the pie crust.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350°F/175°C for approximately 30 minutes.
- Take the foil off and check to see if the pie wiggles, if it does, leave it uncovered and cook for an extra 10 minutes. If the pie does NOT wiggle, it is done and you can take it out to let it cool.
2 net carbs per slice
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 258 Total Fat: 25.8g Carbohydrates: 4.8g Fiber: 2.8g Protein: 5.3g