A bourbony spin on my chocolate cake recipe!! Super delicious!
Ideal cake pan size – 9 inches.
My first cookbook ‘Keto Cravings’ is on sale on Amazon now!
1/2 cup (120g) sour cream
1/2 cup (118ml) bourbon
1/4 cup (50g) butter – melted
3 eggs – beated
2 cups (200g) almond flour
1 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp dark cocoa powder (can be replaced with regular cocoa powder)
2 tbsp regular cocoa powder
1/2 cup (100g) sugar substitute (I used erythritol)
2 keto, sugar free, chocolate bars (approx 150g total)
4 tbsp bourbon
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all your cake ingredients.
- Once mixed thoroughly, pour into a 9-inch cake pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350°F/175°C for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when poked.
- Set aside and let cool.
- Place your chocolate & bourbon into a pot and melt using a double boiler. (alternatively, you could melt chocolate and bourbon together in the microwave)
- Once the chocolate becomes smooth and shiny, pour on top of the cake and spread with a spatula or spoon.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 268 Total Fat: 21.3g Carbohydrates: 6.7g Fiber: 3.2g Protein: 7.2g