These lovely Christmas cookies are inspired by ‘Yellow Bliss Road’ – her original recipe can be found here.
The texture of these cookies are more like cheesecake then cookies but still super yummy!
My first cookbook – Keto Cravings – is on Amazon now!
1/2 cup (100g) butter – room temperature
8oz (226g) cream cheese – room temperature
3/4 cup (150g) sugar substitute (I used erythritol)
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups (200g) almond flour
1 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp baking powder
red & green food colouring – gel preferred
- Use a hand or stand mixer to whip together the butter, cream cheese, sugar substitute and vanilla. Make sure it is all mixed together and no clumps of butter remain.
- Add in the eggs and whip again.
- Pour in the almond flour, xanthan gum and baking powder and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Separate into 3 bowls and add in red food colouring into one bowl and green in another. Leave one bowl without food colouring. (OPTIONAL)
- Take small scoop of each colour and use your hands to roll them all together. If it’s very sticky, wet your hands before handling. Use the palm of your hand to press the dough into a cookie shape.
- Place the cookies onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350°F / 175°C for 15 minutes.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 126 Total Fat: 12.2g Carbohydrates: 2.6g Fiber: 1g Protein: 3.1g