So this recipe is similar to my dinner rolls recipe. I had to make them mini otherwise the macros would be too high, however they are really good. Add some extra fatty toppings and it will keep you satiated for a while!
BEST KETO PROTEIN POWDER: Isopure Whey Isolate is the best protein powder for keto – it is zero carb! However! Please be aware it may up your insulin (but not blood sugar), so if you are diabetic, make sure to ask your doctor about it or do your research before you consume!
My first cookbook – Keto Cravings – is on Amazon now!
1/2 cup (40g) keto whey protein powder
1 cup (100g) almond flour
1 tsp xanthan gum
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup (118ml) hot water
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tbsp poppy seeds
1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
salt & pepper
- In a bowl, whisk together the almond flour, protein powder, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt.
- Pour in the hot water and use a spatula to mix thoroughly.
- Wet your hands and take a chunk of the dough and press it into a ball. Put the ball onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Press your finger into the centre of the ball of dough to form a ring.
- Once you have formed all your bagels, whisk together your topping ingredients.
- Pour the toppings onto the top of the bagels.
- Bake at 375°F/ 180°C for 12-15 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 160 Total Fat: 12g Carbohydrates: 6.1g Fiber: 2.7g Protein: 9.9g