I’ve been asked quite frequently lately to make some desserts or bread like recipes that don’t require almond flour. Last week I made my two-bite brownies so today, I’m trying keto peanut butter banana muffins! Before you comment, NO banana’s were peeled in the making of this recipe.
That’s right – similar to my banana chocolate chip bread and banana muffins, I used banana flavouring. (Specifically Foodie Flavours brand incase anyone is wondering) It works wonders and I really enjoy the taste.
Ok so let’s quickly talk about the protein powder – you do NOT need it for this recipe. I used it to hide the taste of the coconut flour and add some fluffiness, but if you want to omit it, just add an extra tbsp of coconut flour instead.
As for the peanut butter – I used Meridian brand, which is just 100% peanuts. I’ve also used Kelkin brand. These are both Europe based but if it’s in Europe, you can definitely find it in the U.S. & Canada.
- Mix your dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add in your sour cream, peanut butter, cream and eggs. Mix thoroughly.
- Make sure there are no remaining clumps of peanut butter in the mixture.
- Spoon into muffin tins that are lined with paper cups.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.. or until you and stick a toothpick into the middle of a muffin and it comes out clean. If it comes out with batter & crumbs on it - it still needs a few extra minutes.
- That's it! Enjoy!
This makes roughly 8 muffins.
Nutritional Information per muffin:
- CALS: 156
- FAT: 11.5
- CARBS: 3.8
- FIBRE: 1.9
- NET CARBS: 1.9
- PROTEIN: 8.9