Upgrade your keto chicken salad with SPICY jalapeno peppers and cream cheese. This creamy salad will go great on my keto bagels!
I originally was going to make this an egg salad but decided that it would be more suitable for chicken.. and let me tell you – it is delicious!
It has a tame but spicy kick as well as a little bit of sweetness and a little bit of sour. All form one big yummy party in your mouth.
Now if you don’t know how to shred chicken – it’s super easy. All you have to do is boil the chicken in water until completely cooked and then use two forks to rip it apart! Thankfully I found already shredded chicken at the grocery store but the amount I used is about equal to 2 chicken breasts.
As for the rest of the salad, it’s fairly versatile. You can add or take away anything you want. I preferred to serve alongside some avocado. It’s so refreshing!
- 280g (2 breasts) shredded/torn chicken
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (110g) mayonnaise
- 3 legs/ribs/sticks celery - chopped
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- 1/4 cup (5g) parsley - chopped
- 1-2 stalks green onion - chopped
- 1/2 cup (45g) jalapenos - chopped
- 1-2 squeezes of lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar substitute1 cup (100g) cheese
- This recipe is fairly straightforward - add the COOKED shredded/torn chicken along with the rest of the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Keep sealed and in refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
This makes approximately 5 servings.
Nutritional Information per serving:
- CALS: 355
- FAT: 28.3
- CARBS: 4.9
- FIBRE: 1.2
- NET CARBS: 3.7
- PROTEIN: 24.1