Keto cheese chips that are a perfect replica for tortilla chips! They can be used for nachos, dipping and a heck of a lot more! This keto cheese chips recipe is my FAVOURITE!
Ok ok I know Im way behind on this and I already have a fathead based flatbread thats fairly similar.. However! Whenever I try to make keto cheese chips, they end up being holey.. if that makes sense? I needed a crisp cheese chip that holds its shape and doesn’t boil in the oven and give it a ton of holes.
But I found the perfect oven temps to have a cheese hold its shape and doesn’t have tons of holes, making it incredibly similar to a tortilla chip. I highly recommend.
Now one thing that you will need to use is a low-moisture cheese. I used both gouda and edam slices and they worked PERFECTLY. Provolone would also work. I found that parmesan, mozzarella and cheddar are too oily/greasy.
I think one of the best things about this recipe is that it makes SO MANY chips. I used 10 slices of edam and 10 slices of gouda and I got like 8 servings out of it!
Season these delicious treats with anything you want!
- 20 square slices - gouda, edam, or provolone cheese (approx 2 packages)
- Your choice of herbs & spices
- Take half your square cheese slices and place them on top of each other neatly to form a tower.
- Use a knife to cut from corner to corner, forming an 'X'
- Cut straight down the centre and across the middle from side to side so that you get 8 triangle shapes.
- Place the cheese triangles on a sheet of parchment paper and top with your herbs & spices.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 200°F / 100°C.
- Then turn the oven up to 375°F / 190°C for 10-12 minutes. Keep an eye on it so they don't burn.
- Take them out and let them cool.
- Cut and bake the second batch of 10 cheese slices.
- Serve as you wish!
These will still be somewhat soft when you take them out of the oven but they will harden up as they cool.
This makes roughly 8 servings.
Nutritional Information per serving:
- CALS: 218
- FAT: 17.5
- CARBS: 0.3
- FIBRE: 0
- NET CARBS: 0.3
- PROTEIN: 15