That time of the year is coming up FAST and I’m cooking up some Christmas recipes for YOU to try before you serve your family! Don’t worry – if you don’t celebrate Christmas, I’ll be posting some other recipes as well that I know you’ll love!
For this eggnog, alcohol is OPTIONAL. You can leave it out if you don’t want to put it in there. Bourbon is the best but rum or whisky work too!
You can also substitute the single cream/half and half, for something lighter, like almond milk.
My first book – Keto Cravings – is on Amazon now!
- 1 1/2 (350ml) cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups (350ml) single cream/half & half
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup (150g) sugar substitute (I used erythritol)
- 3/4 cup (177ml) bourbon, whiskey or rum
- In a pan, bring your single cream/half and half, to a boil on medium heat. Stir frequently so it does not burn to the pan.
- Whisk in your sugar substitute and vanilla.
- Once the cream is simmering, take off heat.
- Separate your eggs and place the yolks into a large bowl. Whisk the hot cream mixture into your egg yolks. Make sure to whisk as you pour!
- Stir for about 30 seconds before pouring the mixture back into the pot and put it back on medium low heat. Whisk frequently for 3-5 minutes
- Pour the mixture BACK into the large bowl and add in your heavy cream and bourbon, if you are using alcohol.
- Stir thoroughly and then cover with seran/cling wrap. Chill in the fridge for minimum 1 hour (but preferably overnight)
- Enjoy with some nutmeg & cinnamon on top!
3.9 net carbs per glass.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 308 Total Fat: 25.1g Carbohydrates: 3.9g Fiber: 0g Protein: 4.3g