Yup – it’s time for a new bread recipe and this time, it’s keto pesto bread! A nice, fluffy bread with garlic, basil and pine nuts! A new favourite for SURE.
This recipe is based upon my keto white bread recipe. With the addition of butter and pesto, it takes it up a notch on the delicious level!
A few things to say, because I know I will get these questions – no, you can’t replace the protein powder. You will need it. I used whey isolate however you can use casein, egg or collagen protein powder as a replacement, but you need the powder.
This also can’t be made with coconut flour – or at least I haven’t successfully tried. It’s soaks up too much water so at this time, I don’t suggest swapping out flours.
As for the pesto – I bought mine at a local farmers market. Try to find one without added sugars. My pesto has 7 carbs per 100g, so try to find something similar (or make your own).
The recipe itself is fairly straight forward and easy. To be honest, I was worried it would turn out as a green bread but it didn’t and it smelt AMAZING.
It's time for a new bread recipe and this time, it's keto pesto bread! A nice, fluffy bread with garlic, basil and pine nuts! A new favourite for SURE.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the melted butter until it has formed clumps in the dough. Don;t worry if it's not incorporated very well.
- Pour in the water and whisk until a thick cake batter like dough forms.
- Finally, fold in the pesto.
- Pour the dough into an 8.5x4.5 tin lined with parchment paper.
- Smooth down the top of the bread dough with wet hands.
- Top with extra parmesan (optional)
- Bake at 350°F / 175°C for 45 minutes.
- Take out and let cool.
- Slice and enjoy!
This makes roughly 20 slices.
Nutritional Information per slice:
- CALS: 175
- FAT: 13.8
- CARBS: 3.3
- FIBRE: 1.5
- NET CARBS: 1.8
- PROTEIN: 11.1