A yummy taste of Louisiana. This keto jambalaya is filled with smoked sausage and shrimp with a hint of cajun spice.
The best kind of sausage to use for jambalaya is andouille.. however it’s hard to come across that in Ireland, so I found some delicious turkey sausages that did the trick and boy were they delicious. While turkey sausages are mostly zero-carb, you don’t have to use them.
This recipe is PACKED with protein. Pair it with a fat heavy drink or dessert like chocolate mousse.
So one of the main ingredients of jambalaya is broth or stock. It is used to cook the rice and by the end of the cooking process, it is mostly soaked up. For this recipe, I left the stock out, since cauliflower doesn’t soak up any water.
And before I get to the recipe, one more thing! If you are looking for a delicious cajun spice, many can be found in the grocery store. Just make sure it doesn’t have any added sugars or maltodextrin.
My first keto cookbook – Keto Cravings – is on Amazon now!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion - chopped
- 1 cup (150g) bell peppers - diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp cajun spice
- 200g raw shrimp
- 1 1/4 cup (300g) crushed tomatoes - no sugar added
- 1 head of cauliflower - riced
- 6 sausage links - cooked and chopped
- In a non-stick pan, saute your onions, peppers and minced garlic in the olive oil on medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Once your onions and peppers are tender, pour in your raw shrimp, cajun spice and bay leaves. Mix thoroughly and cook on medium-high heat until the shrimp becomes a nice pink colour.
- Add in the cauliflower rice and crushed tomatoes. Bring to a simmer and cook until all any excess water has boiled off.. roughly 5-10 minutes.
- Finally, stir in your chopped sausages and green onions (optional).
- Want some extra heat? Pack in some hot sauce!
4.8 net carbs per serving
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190 Total Fat: 8.8g Carbohydrates: 7.5g Fiber: 2.7g Protein: 23.5g