Guys! I finally found it. I found a decent low carb noodle alternative. Edamame spaghetti! It’s a perfect replacement for gluten-filled noodles! For this low carb edamame spaghetti recipe, I paired it with a zero carb sauce.
I stumbled past it the other day at the grocery store and figured I’d give it a try. At 13 net carbs per 100g, I was a bit skeptical but 100g goes a long way! You can definitely cut it in half and be fulfilled, only eating 6 net carbs.
This pasta is great because over half of it is made up of dietary fibre. Sometimes on keto, it can be difficult to get in a regular amount of fibre but this is perfect.
So you will notice that I called this recipe low carb rather than keto – that’s because the WHOLE carbs for 1 serving is over 10g. So if you count whole carbs, this could make or break you for the day. HoweverI highly recommend trying it at least once.
Now, I will say, straight out of the package, it does have a bit of a smell, but that goes away after boiling them. I know many will also wonder if there is an aftertaste and I will say it is SUBTLE. I did notice a teeny tiny aftertaste but honestly, it’s so subtle.
Also – the texture of this pasta is EXACTLY like regular spaghetti! Yall have got to try this! I made mine with a zero carb sauce – butter, eggs and cheese!
If you like this recipe, make sure to check out my keto ravioli!
This low carb edamame spaghetti recipe is a new favourite! Not only do the edamame noodles feel and taste like the real deal - they are full of fibre! I paired it with a zero carb sauce for a protein & fat packed meal.
- 1 package (200g) edamame spaghetti
- 6 tbsp butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (70-80g) parmesan cheese - grated
- Fill a large pot with water and add a few dashes of salt.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Place the edamame pasta into the pot. Cover and turn down theheat to medium. Boil for 3-5 minutes.
- Drain the water from the pot and place it back onto the burner.
- Turn the heat down to low.
- Spoon the butter into the noodles & crack in the eggs.
- Stir until the sauce has thickened and coats all the spaghetti. Don't let it sit otherwise you could scramble the eggs.
- Take off heat and mix in the parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
This makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information per serving:
- CALS: 432
- FAT: 29
- CARBS: 18.3
- FIBRE: 11.6
- NET CARBS: 6.7
- PROTEIN: 32.4