Looking for the perfect keto cobbler? Look no further. This is it. This is the recipe that will wow your guests and have you coming back for more! Best yet – it’s sugar, gluten and grain free.
So there are a few notes that I will need to mention before getting into the recipe.
- You will need a sugar substitute that caramelizes. Stevia will not work. Erythritol, monk fruit and allulose are all great for caramelizing.
- Keep your eye on this! Check at 30 minutes in, then continue checking every 10 minutes. It can go from browned to burnt in a short period.
Do not alter any ingredients and make sure you use the correct amount. Especially water. Don’t be alarmed if you think there is too much. The water will be mostly boiled off in the oven and it also helps the caramelization.
Pecans and caramel! The only thing that could make this decadent dessert better is NO guilt. Well you got it, this cobbler is gluten, sugar and grain free!
- 6 tbsp (75g) butter
- 1 1/2 cups (150g) pecans – chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (150g) almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (100g) erythritol
- 1 cup (236ml) heavy cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup (90g) Sukrin Gold (or another brown sugar substitute)
- 1/8th (25g) erythritol
- 1 cup (236ml) boiling water
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Place your butter in a 9×13 inch casserole dish and put in the oven to melt.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together your almond flour, erythritol, baking powder, vanilla and heavy cream. Set aside.
- Once the butter is melted in your casserole dish, pour in the chopped pecans and spread evenly around the casserole dish.
- Pour the almond flour batter on top of the pecans. Spread it around evenly but don’t whisk it all together. Just spread it!
- Whisk together your Sukrin Gold and erythritol. Spread evenly on top of the almond flour batter.
- Pour the boiling water on top (do not mix) and place in the oven.
- Bake for 90 minutes. I realize that this sounds absurd, but the water needs to boil off and it will give you a nice caramel flavour. Keep your eye on it and check at 45 minutes, then every 10 minutes after. If it starts to smell like burning, take it out!
3.2 net carbs per serving