Two notes that I will include is to use a sugar substitute that acts like sugar and will caramelize.. Erythritol is the best option for this.
Another thing I will say is to keep your eye on this! Check at 45 minutes in, then continue checking every 10 minutes. If it starts to burn, take it out. Since there is erythritol in it, it burns a bit easier.
My first cookbook is up on Amazon now – ‘Keto Cravings’
- 6 tbsp (75g) butter
- 1 1/2 cups (150g) pecans – chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (150g) almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (100g) erythritol
- 1 cup (236ml) heavy cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup (90g) Sukrin Gold (or another brown sugar substitute)
- 1/8th (25g) erythritol
- 1 cup (236ml) boiling water
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Place your butter in a 9×13 inch casserole dish and put in the oven to melt.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together your almond flour, erythritol, baking powder, vanilla and heavy cream. Set aside.
- Once the butter is melted in your casserole dish, pour in the chopped pecans and spread evenly around the casserole dish.
- Pour the almond flour batter on top of the pecans. Spread it around evenly but don’t whisk it all together. Just spread it!
- Whisk together your Sukrin Gold and erythritol. Spread evenly on top of the almond flour batter.
- Pour the boiling water on top (do not mix) and place in the oven.
- Bake for 90 minutes. I realize that this sounds absurd, but the water needs to boil off and it will give you a nice caramel flavour. Keep your eye on it and check at 45 minutes, then every 10 minutes after. If it starts to smell like burning, take it out!
3.2 net carbs per serving
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 342 Total Fat: 34.9g Carbohydrates: 6.6g Fiber: 3.4g Protein: 5.5g