A perfect side dish for your fat filled dinner. This Keto cheese and broccoli rice is not only 4 net carbs per serving, but it’s cooked all in one pan, making it easy for clean up. All gluten, grain and sugar free.
Of course, with all keto and low carb meals, this rice is actually cauliflower rice, which only counts for 14 carbs in the entire dish. There are no grains here!
There are a few things that make this recipe one for the books – 1. It’s so EASY. It’s cooked entirely in one pan making for easy clean up!
Secondly, I didn’t use a thickener. So no xanthan or guar gum here. Letting water boil off your heavy cream, it will naturally thicken itself. So easy!
One note I will say is to use a 2:1 cauliflower to broccoli ratio so that it’s not entirely overpowered by broccoli. I used approximately 2 cups of cauliflower rice and 1 cup of broccoli rice.
This definitely reminds me of the Knorr or Uncle Ben’s cheese and broccoli rice!
If you like this recipe, make sure to check out my list of 15 awesome keto side dishes!
A perfect side dish for your fat filled dinner. This Keto cheese and broccoli cauliflower rice is not only 4 net carbs per serving, but it's cooked all in one pan, making it easy for clean up. All gluten, grain and sugar free.
- 1 head of cauliflower (300g) - riced
- 1 stalk of broccoli (160g) - riced
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 cup (250ml) heavy cream
- 1.5 cups (150g) cheddar cheese - shredded
- Place the garlic, onion, paprika and mustard into a non-stick pan.
- Pour in the heavy cream and whisk together.
- Place on the stovetop over medium-high heat and bring to a boil while stirring occasionally.
- Once boiling, slowly add in the cheddar cheese a little bit at a time. Stir and make sure the cheese has melted before adding in anymore.
- Once all the cheese has been melted in, turn the heat down to low and simmer until the mixture has thickened. Stir occasionally.
- Add in the riced broccoli and cauliflower and combine with the sauce.
- Turn the heat up to medium and boil off any excess water from the broccoli and cauliflower. Stir frequently so it will not burn.
- Once thick and creamy, take off heat and enjoy!!
This makes roughly 6 servings.
Nutritional Information per serving:
- CALS: 167
- FAT: 15.2
- CARBS: 6.4
- FIBRE: 2.1
- NET CARBS: 4.3
- PROTEIN: 2.9
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 167Total Fat: 15.2gCarbohydrates: 6.4gFiber: 2.1gProtein: 2.9g