These were amazing!! They taste like something you’d get a restaurant!
Again, as I say when I upload recipes that are deep fried. Please take caution and follow safe deep frying procedures. Make sure you have a lid to your pot/pan nearby and a fire extinguisher. Refined avocado oil is one of the safest keto oils to fry with because it has a high smoke point.
This recipe makes approximately 30 wings (give or take how you chop up your cauliflower)
My first cookbook – Keto Cravings – is on Amazon now!
1 head of cauliflower – chopped into florets
1 cup (90g) whey protein – unflavoured
1/4 cup (25g) almond flour
1/2 tsp parsley
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp paprika
3/4 cup (177ml) water
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1-2 cups refined avocado oil (for frying)
- Pull apart your cauliflower into florets.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the protein, almond flour, spices, herbs & xanthan gum.
- Pour in the water and stir until it is nice and smooth.
- Bring your avocado oil to frying temperature.
- Take a floret and drop it into the protein mixture. Use a fork to make sure it is fully coated.
- Place the floret into the oil and fry until golden brown. Flip if needed.
- Continue on with the rest of the cauliflower, placing the fried pieces onto paper towel to soak up the extra oil.
- Serve with sour cream!
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 42 Total Fat: 2.5g Carbohydrates: 1.8g Fiber: 0.7g Protein: 3.7g