A keto quiche is one of the best things you can bake for meal prep! Super easy to bake and it’s filled with fat and protein!
One thing that I miss when eating keto is the lack of pie crusts when I make pies or a quiche.. So I thought, hey.. Why not make a crust with fathead dough? It’d be fairly easy!
I did alter the fathead dough a little and eliminated the egg. I found that when I used an egg, it was too hard to handle. If you get rid of the egg, it gives holds together really well and you can roll it flat with a rolling pin without it sticking too much.
As for the quiche itself, you can make it anyway you want! One of my favourites is with blue cheese and mushrooms.. or spinach and ham but this time I made a basic quiche with cheddar cheese, spices and bacon!
Let me tell you it is SUPER easy and very delicious! Here’s how to make it!
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella - shredded
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- green onions
- BACON (the most important)
- In a microwavable bowl, add in your mozzarella and cream cheese. Microwave until it melts.. Roughly 1:30. Stir and mix the cheese together, stirring in the almond flour until you get a dough.
- Take the dough and put it between two sheets of parchment paper. With a rolling pin, flatten it into a circle.
- Drop it on top of your pie pan, forming a nice shell. Roll up the extra dough so it doesn’t fall onto the oven bottom.. Set aside.
- For the quiche, beat together your eggs, spices & herbs, onions and bacon. Finally add in your cheese.
- Take some spinach and line the pie shell. Pour your quiche mix into the shell.
- Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes… Take it out when you are able to stick a toothpick or knife into the quiche and it comes out clean.
This makes roughly 8 slices.
Nutritional information per slice.
- Cals: 227
- Fat: 18.2
- Protein: 14.6
- Carbs: 3.8
- Fibre: 1.1