Yes you heard it right, it’s a keto pizza crust recipe with NO EGGS OR CHEESE.
*NOTE – this recipe was originally published Dec. 29th 2018 but has been since been changed and updated as of July 13th 2019.
Maybe it’s just me, but I am kind of getting tired of fathead dough. It’s a pain (for me) to make and I’m over the taste. It was delicious at first but you know when you eat too many of one thing and then you never want to eat it again? That’s me right now with fathead. No thank you!
So after perfecting my keto buns, I decided to tweak the recipe a bit to make it a nice pizza crust. This recipe is great because it has no eggs, no cheese and you can top it with all protein and fat heavy toppings like bacon and cheese!
Zachary shared this video with us on Facebook, showing his delight at the final product in the oven!
Now, this recipe does use whey protein, which is a milk product, but you can easily turn it vegan by using hemp protein powder or another type of protein powder. Just make sure it has no additives in it, like flavour, sugar, extra xanthan gum etc.. otherwise your recipe may turn out pretty gross. Trust me, I’ve tried.
This will most likely be the last (maybe) bread recipe for a while as I head back to Ireland next week. Lots more stuff coming your way!
**nutritional information is per slice of CRUST only.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together your almond flour, protein powder, salt, xanthan gum and baking powder.
- Pour in the oil and warm water. Mix thoroughly until a dough forms.
- Place the dough onto a piece of parchment paper and use wet hands to make it flat and a pizza shape. NOTE: do not roll with a rolling pin & extra parchment. It will not work and the dough will just stick to the parchment.
- Once you have a circle of dough, bake for 10 minutes at 350°F/175°C
- Take out and add your fav toppings. I used sugar free tomato sauce,, mozzarella and pepperoni.
- Bake at 350°F/175°C for 15-20 minutes or until the crust is a golden brown.
- Take out and enjoy!
This makes between 8-10 slices.
Nutritional Information per slice:
- CALS: 209
- FAT: 16.6
- CARBS: 4.8
- FIBRE: 2.4
- NET CARBS 2.8
- PROTEIN: 12.6