Keto Pizza Crust Recipe (No eggs, cheese)

by hungryelephant

Yes you heard it right, it’s a keto pizza crust recipe with NO EGGS OR CHEESE.

*NOTE – this recipe was originally published Dec. 29th 2018 but has been since been changed and updated as of July 13th 2019.

Maybe it’s just me, but I am kind of getting tired of fathead dough. It’s a pain (for me) to make and I’m over the taste. It was delicious at first but you know when you eat too many of one thing and then you never want to eat it again? That’s me right now with fathead. No thank you!

keto cravings cookbook, keto cravings

Buy my two cookbooks on Amazon now!

So after perfecting my keto buns, I decided to tweak the recipe a bit to make it a nice pizza crust. This recipe is great because it has no eggs, no cheese and you can top it with all protein and fat heavy toppings like bacon and cheese!

Zachary shared this video with us on Facebook, showing his delight at the final product in the oven!

Now, this recipe does use whey protein, which is a milk product, but you can easily turn it vegan by using hemp protein powder or another type of protein powder. Just make sure it has no additives in it, like flavour, sugar, extra xanthan gum etc.. otherwise your recipe may turn out pretty gross. Trust me, I’ve tried.

This will most likely be the last (maybe) bread recipe for a while as I head back to Ireland next week. Lots more stuff coming your way!

**nutritional information is per slice of CRUST only.

If you like this recipe, make sure to check out my white bread recipe, pizza casserole or pizza bagels!

Keto Pizza Crust (No eggs, cheese)

Keto Pizza Crust (No eggs, cheese)

Yield: 10
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes

A new kind of keto pizza dough that takes about 5 minutes to make! The best part, it is fathead free! So no eggs, no mozzarella!

Ingredients

Instructions

1. In a mixing bowl, whisk together your almond flour, protein powder, salt, xanthan gum and baking powder.
  2. Pour in the oil and warm water. Mix thoroughly until a dough forms.
  3. Place the dough onto a piece of parchment paper and use wet hands to make it flat and a pizza shape. NOTE: do not roll with a rolling pin & extra parchment. It will not work and the dough will just stick to the parchment.
  4. Once you have a circle of dough, bake for 10 minutes at 350°F/175°C
  5. Take out and add your fav toppings. I used sugar free tomato sauce,, mozzarella and pepperoni.
  6. Bake at 350°F/175°C for 15-20 minutes or until the crust is a golden brown.
  7. Take out and enjoy!

Notes

This makes between 8-10 slices.

Nutritional Information per slice:

• CALS: 209
  • FAT: 16.6
  • CARBS: 4.8
  • FIBRE: 2.4
  • NET CARBS 2.8
  • PROTEIN: 12.6

You may also like

14 comments

J January 5, 2019 - 2:33 am

great alternative to fathead dough. I added some oregano and garlic powder to the dry ingredients just out of habit. The first time i made it i didn’t flattened it out and the crust was super thick and somewhat overpowering. The 2nd time i made it i flattened it out more. It still was thick and held well and was super delicious.. B/c the crust is thicker you can add more sauce, cheese, meat and extra’s to it. I will definitely be using this again. The kids even loved it and thought it was non-keto due to the crust.

Erics “MUA_JK” January 8, 2019 - 1:58 pm

I love your recipes !! This crust came out amazing I messed up however because I didn’t make the crust thin so the middle was still soft but luckily I saved it with longer baking lol live and learn! Thank you for this recipe, question I used a zero carb protein so are the macros less? Or did you also use zero carb protein

hungryelephant January 8, 2019 - 2:40 pm

no, actually mine was 3 carbs per 100g so your macros will probably be a bit lower than mine!

Missy January 11, 2019 - 8:43 pm

Can I use pea protein instead of whey?

hungryelephant January 12, 2019 - 12:00 pm

Yes! but it might add a few carbs!

Nicole Lehman January 12, 2019 - 12:59 pm

OH MY GOODNESS! This is so good! So, I found your recipe for no cheese rolls and loved them and knew I had to make this crust because I don’t 100% love fathead dough but was willing to eat that to have pizza for keto… #1stWorldProblems. 🙂 I made this recipe but added 2 teaspoons of garlic salt to the dough and baked it on my 9×13 pampered chef stone (no parchment paper) with a little olive oil on the bottom. I also cooked the dough for 8 minutes before adding toppings to prevent a soggy middle, and added uncured pepperoni, sprinkles of oregano, mozzarella cheese and sugar free pizza sauce (casa vino); cooked for 8 more minutes w/ toppings. Absolutely perfect and tastes like the home kit pizzas I used to make growing up. So glad you figured this out for us — thanks! And, by using the large stone and with the crust being so thick (have I also mentioned my family loves deep dish pizza?!), I can cut them into 12 squares and use that as my total servings, especially since I added some extra ingredients. One other love is that your recipe is easily importable into myfitnesspal so I didn’t have to type everything but adjust for my extra ingredients, brands and servings. For the love of pizza, YAY!!!!

Moira July 15, 2019 - 5:38 pm

Is there a way to use coconut flour instead of almond flour? My daughter is allergic to nuts so we are a nut free house.

Carol July 19, 2019 - 11:54 am

I have a nut allergy as well, and have had luck on recipes with substituting coconut flour using 1/3 the amount called for and adding some additional liquid.

Nell Lusty July 15, 2019 - 6:47 pm

LIKE YOUR RECEIPES

Jane chambers August 9, 2019 - 3:14 am

Really liking the sound of this cheeseless pizza crust. One query about the protein powder – what is the difference with Isolate or straightforward protein powder? Also, would swapping it out for straightforward make a difference? I ask as Isolate is vastly more expensive (in uk)? Tia

hungryelephant August 9, 2019 - 8:06 am

Hey there! So straightforward protein powder usually contains two types of whey – isolate and concentrate – as well as many additives and flavouring (even if unflavoured) – I usually use whey isolate because it rarely, if ever has additives. You can swap it out for regular protein powder and it would make no difference at all (i’ve tried!) If you are doing strict keto – just make sure the carbs on the protein should be under 3 per 100g. Hope that helps!

Jane Chambers August 9, 2019 - 12:40 pm

Thank you for your informative and helpful response. I’ll consider those points, when i next need to replenish.

Kristy Johnson September 8, 2019 - 8:36 pm

my day was pretty runny not much thicker than a cake batter can you please let us know the consistency it is supposed to be I don’t know if I did something wrong or not.

hungryelephant September 8, 2019 - 8:40 pm

It should be thick but it shouldn’t be runny. It shouldn’t be able to pour.