Easy Keto Bread Recipe(OG White Bread Recipe!)

by hungryelephant

An easy keto bread recipe you say? This is one of the most highly requested recipes in the keto world. Finally after TWO years of keto, I have found the recipe that will save a lot of cheat days – it’s keto sandwich bread!

The best part of this recipe is that it is SO EASY. Honestly, it takes me about 5 minutes to whip up plus 20-25 minutes in the oven. SO EASY.

Now let’s talk about baking with almond flour and protein powder. There’s no substituting in this recipe. Both are needed, but especially the protein powder – that will give the keto white bread its amazing rise.

keto white bread, keto white bread recipe, low carb white bread, low carb white bread recipe, keto bread recipe, keto bread, low carb bread, almond flour bread, easy keto bread, easy keto sandwich bread, keto sandwich bread, keto white bread, keto bread, low carb bread, almond flour bread, keto sandwich bread, keto sandwich bread almond flour, easy keto sandwich bread, how to make keto bread, keto bread almond flour, best keto bread recipe, fluffy keto bread recipe, bread keto, almond flour bread, almond flour bread recipe, almond flour bread keto, low carb almond flour bread, low carb bread almond flour, best low carb bread recipe,

The keto sandwich bread straight out of the oven!

In regular bread, gluten is a prime ingredients and it is a protein. So when replicating a bread without gluten, you’ll need the extra protein to make sure it rises and acts similar to bread.

For this recipe, I used whey protein isolate. I have tried this with soy isolate and it has NOT worked, however I have heard feedback from other keto-ers that you could replace the whey with casein or egg protein and you will have similar results to the video.

keto bread recipe, easy keto bread recipe, keto white bread, keto bread, low carb bread, almond flour bread

Keto white bread toasted and buttered! The top slice is not toasted or buttered.

Again, no substitutions.. if you try this with coconut flour, you’ll need another nut-free flour to go with it otherwise the bread will turn out incredibly stiff and more like cardboard and styrofoam. I have tried and the results were NOT pretty.

keto cravings cookbook, keto cravings

Buy my two cookbooks on Amazon now!

The best loaf pan size for this bread is 9×5.. if you use something bigger, you may have to double the recipe.

Hope you enjoy this keto bread recipe! It is great for toasting, french toast, grilled cheese and so much more!

If you like this recipe, be sure to check out our similar keto bread rolls, nut free bread rolls, cheese bread, brown bread or our Hawaiian Sweet Rolls

Use code HEdiscount for 15% off individual PerfectKeto products such as collagen powder & MCT oil powder!
Keto White Bread

Keto White Bread

Yield: 16
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes

Super easy bread that takes only 20 minutes to bake! Gluten and grain free, this keto loaf is perfect for grilled cheese, toasting or french toast!

Ingredients

Instructions

1. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
  2. Whisk in the melted butter. It won't incorporate fully but mix as best as you can.
  3. Slowly add in the water and stir until you get a thick batter/dough.
  4. Pour into a loaf tin lined with parchment paper.
  5. Bake at 375°F / 190°C for 20-25 minutes.
  6. Take out and enjoy!

Notes

This makes roughly 16 slices.

Nutritional Information per slice:

• CALS: 136
  • FAT: 8.8
  • CARBS: 4.2
  • FIBRE: 2.3
  • NET CARBS: 1.9
  • PROTEIN: 11.9

Nutrition Information:
Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 136 Total Fat: 8.8g Carbohydrates: 4.2g Fiber: 2.3g Protein: 11.9g

You may also like

68 comments

Kathryn February 12, 2019 - 1:02 pm

I’m definitely going to try this one! I’m guessing that is 1.25 cups of warm water = 11/4 cups?

hungryelephant February 12, 2019 - 1:09 pm

Kari Bohning February 12, 2019 - 1:04 pm

I made the rolls recipe that is similar to this one and they turned out very dry and dense I could barely talk them down with butter on them. What can I do differently with this recipe to make sure that that doesn’t happen? I have a thermometer that I use and my husband has a culinary degree. He helped me with them.

hungryelephant February 12, 2019 - 1:10 pm

hey! sorry – i moderate comments because I get a lot of spam. Someone mentioned they added olive oil to it (although I’m not sure how much) and that they really liked it.. you could make the rolls recipe and add some olive oil there so you don’t waste as much?? although to be honest, this bread was also dense (but not dry)

JOANNE L. June 13, 2019 - 7:45 am

Thank you for sharing this recipe! Today was my second attempt at baking this bread.

This morning, I added 1/4 C MCT oil and 2 TBS of butter to the liquid part of this recipe. (I reduced the water by the same amount of new ingredients, and added water up to 1C) In a separate bowl, I added the last 1/4 C of warm water to fast acting yeast. (I have read that the the sugar ( maple syrup) required is used up by yeast as it feeds off of it) I let it bubble up until it nearly went over the edges.

While waiting for the yeast to do its magic, I put all the dry ingredients into a bowl. However,
I also reduced the protein powder by 1/4 C and added 1/4 C. oat FIBER instead.
The taste was as close to a normal bread as I have ever tried since starting Keto.
My first attempt at this bread was a success, but I found it to get stuck in my throat because of the dryness, So, I took some of the suggestions from the comments and experimented. My last bread was dominated by the taste of protein powder, (though I found that to subside after having it in the freezer for a couple of days). However , 15 minutes after removing from the oven, this tasted like a regular bread. It was still dense enough to cut slices thin, but it was a little less dense than my first attempt, and the oil made all the difference in the dryness. I only chose MCT oil , because there is zero flavor to it.

Karen Kelley August 5, 2019 - 12:11 pm

I started off making the rolls recipe first & OMG!! It is what I have been looking for!! Amazing recipe!! I had the issue of them being too dense the first time, so I just made the rolls bigger and cooked them less. Those two changes made them more fluffy. Now that I found this bread recipe, I have made this it twice & I LOVE, love, LOVE IT!! The only change I made to the recipe is adding about 3/4 – 1 cup finely shredded colby jack cheese. This adds a faux “Red Lobster cheesy rolls” kind of taste to it and a bit more fat & protein. I also like to add coarse sea salt or Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel Seasoning on top prior to baking!! Also, I had to cook my loaf for a total of 30 minutes to cook all the way through to the center. My family has been searching for a gluten free (my sister) & Keto bread (my daughters, aunt, uncle & me) for a long time. After buying expensive frozen loaves that were soggy or just baking recipes that would never come out like the picture, I am happy to say that THIS recipe is the one recipe I will be making forever!! I will make sure that I share it with all who I know!!

Mariangela September 12, 2019 - 7:02 pm

Hi Joanne, what do you mean you added water up to 1 cup, if you took away the amount of new ingredients? Why add it back in?
Please help!!! I’ve read it a hundred times and I can’t figure it out!!!☹️ Cuz I want to add yeast too!

Mariangela September 13, 2019 - 11:07 am

Oh gee. I got it, I think. Sorry for the dumbness.
Im just going to place 2TB + the original 1/4 butter in liquid measuring cup, then pour boiling water into that, until it reaches 3/4 cup. This will melt butter. Then I’ll take 1/4 cup boiling water, place it into a small bowl and when it’s lukewarm, I’ll add my yeast and sugar or insulin. I’ll keep ya posted.

Kari Bohning February 12, 2019 - 1:23 pm

I can handle dense- it’s the dry that gets me:-) how much butter/ olive oil/ coconut oil would I add? What could I be doing wrong if mines dry?

hungryelephant February 12, 2019 - 1:48 pm

So the person that made it used 1/4 cup worth of olive oil so hopefully that works!

diana March 13, 2019 - 3:19 pm

I found that the brand of whey protein isolate I was using made everything really dry and inedible. When I changed brands, everything turned out very well. I now use Tera’s Whey and others like Isopure.

Kari Bohning February 12, 2019 - 1:27 pm

I wonder if adding oat fiber somehow, would lighten it up?

hungryelephant February 12, 2019 - 1:47 pm

Hmm might be worth a try. I havent tried nor can I get oat fibre in Ireland so I can’t say for certain

Marie February 13, 2019 - 2:40 am

Can I use Erythritol sweetener instead of xanthan gum? Thanks

hungryelephant February 13, 2019 - 1:43 pm

No, xanthan gum is a binder similar to gluten. You can replace it with psyllium husk or flax seed

Alisa February 13, 2019 - 9:11 am

do you know what protein could be used if one is dairy and egg free?

hungryelephant February 13, 2019 - 1:42 pm

I’ve seen people buy pea protein but I’ve never tried it.

Lisa February 13, 2019 - 2:40 pm

I have made the white bread and cheese bread recipes. I’m so happy I came across the recipes. They taste great. The only thing I needed to do is leave the bread in my oven longer by 20 minutes. Thanks

Dusty February 14, 2019 - 1:15 am

The bread is great ! What’s the best way to store it ?

hungryelephant February 14, 2019 - 6:23 am

I wrap in cling/seran wrap and store on the counter!

Peggy kossow February 18, 2019 - 9:22 am

Is 1.25 cups of water 300 ml? I measured out 300 ml and it was way less and my bread dough was very thick. You didn’t actually put the word cups in your recipe so I jumped on the 300 ml you wrote. It is in the oven as I write. Please let me know on this. Thanks!

hungryelephant February 18, 2019 - 9:34 am

Hey! 1.25 cups is about 295ml. How thick was it? Did it turn out ok?

Peggy February 18, 2019 - 2:43 pm

Am eating right now. Popped two slices in toaster. Put on butter and my homemade chia strawberry jam. I absolutely love it! Taste is very very good. I only baked for 20 minutes only because of my concern about the water, and it turned out great. Sorry for the panic. Thanks for the recipe!

hungryelephant February 18, 2019 - 9:43 am

Great! Glad you liked it! Sorry for the confusion! I’ve added the words cups in there now Haha

Jenifer February 18, 2019 - 9:29 am

Is the dough suppose have a thick or thin consistency? Also do you have a video of you actually making this recipe?

hungryelephant February 18, 2019 - 9:35 am

Hey! there is a video at the top of the blog post! If you cant see it, theres also one on my youtube channel youtube.com/hungryelephant – the dough will be more on the thicker side

Julie Gillespie February 18, 2019 - 10:00 am

I tried this. It tastes great but it’s hard. Did I do something wrong?