Winter is OFFICIALLY just around the corner (even though it may not feel like it) so let’s kick it off with some keto snowball cookies.
These delicious shortbread snacks are filled with chopped pecans and rolled in a sweet sugar substitute. Totally worth it!
A few notes before I head into this recipe:
Room temperature butter is a MUST. It is so much easier to cream with the sugar and butter that way. If it’s too thick, you’ll have pockets of butter that isn’t mixed with almond flour and could cause it to burn easily or spread TOO much.
The best way to mix this is to use a stand mixer. Trust me. I have one in Canada, but in Ireland I don’t. Mixing by hand is incredibly tedious and I don’t recommend it.
Other than that, this recipe is fairly simple.
If you like these keto snowball cookies, make sure to check out my lemon cookies! So yummy!
Gluten & sugar free pecan cookies rolled in a confectioners sugar substitute. Perfect for Christmas parties!
- In a mixing bowl, use a hand or stand mixer to beat the butter, sugar substitute and vanilla until smooth. If it doesn't smooth very well, it's still too cold.
- Slowly mix in the almond flour, xanthan gum and baking powder. Once it's thoroughly mixed together, it should resemble coarse graham crackers with butter.
- Dump the dough onto a piece of parchment paper and use your hands to knead it together. Make sure there are no clumps of butter in your dough. Add your pecans at this time.
- Place the dough back into the bowl and freeze for 15 minutes
- Take the bowl out of the freezer and roll the dough into 18 cookie balls.
- Bake the cookies at 350°F / 175°C for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the cookies have cooled, roll them in confectioners sugar substitute.
1.5 net carbs per cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160 Total Fat: 16.1g Carbohydrates: 3.1g Fiber: 1.6g Protein: 3g