A southeastern American treat – made KETO. This delicious butter cake is a staple in some U.S. households and anything with butter – you bet I HAD to make it.
So original butter cake is made with buttermilk.. since we can’t use that on keto, I replaced that with sour cream so it will be nice and MOIST.
One problem that I had was that there was TOO much syrup – so I altered the recipe to be JUST right.
Hope you enjoy!
2 cups (230g) almond flour – packed
1/2 cup (115g) sour cream – levelled
1/2 cup (100g) butter
2/3 cup (120g) sugar substitute (I used erythritol)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup (50g) butter
1/3 cup (60g) sugar substitute (I used erythritol)
1 tbsp vanilla
2 tbsp water
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the cake ingredients.
- Bake at 350°F / 175°C for 35 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a pot over medium heat.
- Whisk in your sugar substitute, vanilla and water. Heat and stir until the sugar substitute has dissolved
- Use a skewer or end of a utensil to poke several small holes into the top (technically the bottom) of the bundt cake.
- Pour the butter mixture around the cake, making sure the holes are filled with the butter. Keep swirling the pan around until your mixture has dissolved into the cake.
- Set aside and let it cool for 1 hour.
- When you’re ready to serve, place a plate on top of the bundt pan and flip it around so the cake pops right out!
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 266 Total Fat: 25.8g Carbohydrates: 5.4g Fiber: 2g Protein: 6.2g