I’m not usually one to swear by food – but I SWEAR – these keto pancakes with coconut flour, you will NEVER go back to regular ones. They are so freaking YUMMY. They don’t have a strong coconut taste, which is great, but topping it with maple syrup or vanilla syrup (what I used in this video) is phenomenal!
They are super easy to make and are definitely for those who are on a paleo or ketogenic diet. I am on keto and I actually may make these again soon, because they were that yummy.
Before I go into the recipe, I want to talk a little about cooking with coconut flour. It’s not the same as flour. You’ll notice in coconut flour recipes that they call for an ungodly amount of liquid – that’s normal. Coconut flour doesn’t work the same way as regular flour. One tbsp of coconut flour soaks up WAY more liquid than 1 tbsp of almond flour. That’s why you’ll notice most recipes have a ridiculous amount of eggs.
You may also think that 4 eggs may be too much for this recipe – and to be honest – you could probably even just use 3 and add another tbsp of almond milk or cream.
PS. after high demand.. You can find the recipe I used for the low-carb syrup HERE.
- In one bowl, mix together your dry ingredients. In another, mix together your wet ingredients.
- Combine boils and mix with a whisk or fork until all the clumps are gone.
- Heat up some coconut oil on a pan - keep it on medium-low so you don't burn the pancakes (or it'll smoke and kick off your fire alarm, which it did to me)
- Using a ladle, scoop a medium amount onto the hot pan. When it's ready to flip, you'll notice bubbles starting to pop from the top of the pancake. Wait until you see a 5-6 bubbles before you flip.
- FLIP! Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the other side is cooked and doesn't stick to the pot.
- Hope you enjoy!
If you want to get our recipes on the go – maybe you’re grocery shopping or cooking by the stove – Download our FREE app where you can get ALL our recipes and even submit your own!