Fathead dough + cheeseburger ingredients + wrapped up = one DELICIOUS keto stromboli.
This is a delicious delight. You can really fill a Stromboli with anything but after seeing a picture of a cheeseburger I decided to fuse the two together. I gotta say, it is delightful and so so filling.
For the breading, I used the basic fathead dough ingredients, which if you don’t know what it is, is basically almond flour, shredded mozzarella, cream cheese and an egg. Super simple and super easy!
Ive found that fathead dough is the best if you want to “wrap” things like stromboli or cinnamon rolls. If you really want to kick it up a notch – add a scoop of unflavoured whey isolate. It gives it more of a bready feel and taste! Highly recommend!
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 500g minced beef
- 1 small onion - chopped
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp sugar-free/low carb ketchup
- Place your raw beef into a pan and cook on medium high until thoroughly cooked. Add in your onions and cook for an additional 5 minutes. You may have excess water in the pan.. let it cook off.
- Drop in and mix your mustard and ketchup. Set aside and let it cool down to room temp. This is important. If it's too hot or even warm, the dough will melt and tear.
- Microwave your cheese until melted. Scoop it into a bowl with your almond flour and baking powder. Mix thoroughly. Add in the egg and mix together again.
- Roll out the fathead dough on a piece of parchment paper. Pour your room temp beef onto the flat dough.
- Roll it all up like a carpet.
- Transfer Stromboli (with parchment paper) to cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for half an hour or until the dough has browned nicely.
This makes roughly 15 slices.
- CALS: 157
- FAT: 12.4
- CARBS: 2.2
- FIBRE: 0.7
- PROTEIN: 12.1