These cupcakes are super easy and amazing!
**Little note: These make 6 wide cupcakes and approximately 8 regular sized cupcakes.
Also if you don’t have dark cocoa powder, you can use regular in replacement of the dark cocoa.
What you’ll need:
- 1/4 cup (58g) sour cream
- 2 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp regular cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water (or heavy cream if you want)
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar substitute (I used erythritol)
- 1/4 cup (55g) melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (100g) almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup (118ml) heavy cream
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar substitute
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- 1 tub (250g) mascarpone cheese
In a mixing bowl, whisk the cupcake ingredients together in the order they appear on the list above.
Pour into a lined muffin tin. Bake at 350 for approximately 25 minutes.
While your cupcakes are baking, using a stand or hand mixer, beat your heavy cream, sugar substitute and instant coffee until the cream forms stiff peaks.
Slowly fold in your mascarpone cheese until it’s mixed thoroughly. Put the icing in the fridge until your cupcakes are done and have cooled down.
Once they are cool, pipe your frosting onto the cupcakes and enjoy!
Nutritional Information per cupcake:
- CALS: 334
- FAT: 33.2
- CARBS: 6.3
- FIBRE: 2.2
- NET CARBS: 4.1
- PROTEIN: 5.9