The latest and last instalment of my waffle series. Can you tell I liked my new waffle maker? Haha
I saw a video on instagram the other day that was basically a cinnamon roll placed into a waffle maker and I really wanted to try it!!
Ive tried a lot of cinnamon rolls and my favourite by far have been the the ones made with fathead dough. But I wasn’t too sure if it would hold up in a waffle iron. I mean, It’s mostly cheese, so I figured it would burn easily.
Instead with this video, I just made a delicious and super easy cinnamon vanilla waffle and topped it with a yummy cream cheese frosting.
If you want to give it a try with coconut flour instead, I think it should work fine! Try starting with 1 tbsp and go from there, but I don’t think you will need much more than that.
For the consistency, you’d definitely want it similar to a cake batter.. and the xanthan gum is a MUST. I’ve tried it without and it did NOT workout. The waffle just fell flat and it was super disappointing.
Delicious keto cinnamon waffles topped with a sweet cream cheese frosting. Gluten free cinnamon rolls made into waffles!
- 4 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp sugar substitute
- 1 medium egg
- 2 tbsp butter - melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar substitute
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the waffle ingredients. Pour onto the waffle iron and close the hatch. Cook until done - mine took approximately 2 minutes until a nice brown colour.
- While your waffles are cooking, place the topping ingredients into another mixing bowl.
- Microwave (30 seconds) or heat on (low) the stove until the cream cheese has melted.
- Place the waffles onto a plate and spoon the cream cheese frosting on top!
This makes roughly 3 waffles.
Nutritional Information per waffle:
- CALS: 237
- FAT: 22.4
- CARBS: 5.2
- FIBRE: 2.6
- NET CARBS: 2.6
- PROTEIN: 5.5
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237 Total Fat: 22.4g Carbohydrates: 5.2g Fiber: 2.6g Protein: 5.5g