Man, I LOVE samosa’s, especially a yummy keto samosa! They are truly one of the best foods out there. Now, no.. they are NOT chocolate, graham crackers and marshmellow.. Those are smores, Michael Scott.
These delicious samosas are filled with glorious minced meat and a variety of spices that will make your mouth WATER.
As for the dough? I used fathead dough (with a little alteration) but added some turmeric in there to make it taste a little bit more like samosa dough.
Super easy to make, but a little tedious. It is worth it in the end though! I absolutely loved these!
If you like these keto samosa, make sure to check out my keto pierogis!
Keto samosas! This delicious appetizer is made with spiced meat and is incredibly easy to make!
2 servings of this fathead dough:
- 2 cups mozzarella
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 lb (454g) minced meat (I used turkey)
- 1/2 small onion - chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- In a pan, combine your olive oil, garlic and dry ingredients. Cook on medium heat.
- Add in your meat.. Stir frequently while your meat cooks.
- Add in your onions and tomato paste.
- Mix together and set aside to cool down.
- In a separate bowl, mix together your almond flour, turmeric, and baking powder.
- Melt your 2 cups of mozzarella in the microwave and spoon it into the almond flour.
- Mix it together until it forms a dough.
- Place on a piece of parchment paper and roll flat. Cut out decent sized square pieces, spooning some of the minced meat into the middle.
- Take one corner and fold it over onto the other so you have a triangle. Seal the sides with water.
- Bake at 350 for half an hour.
Nutritional Information (per samosa)
- CALS: 192
- FAT: 14
- CARBS: 6.2
- FIBRE: 1.2
- NET CARBS: 5
- PROTEIN: 13.3