Fluffy and decadent! No almond flour here – these keto chocolate coconut flour donuts are fluffy, delicious and my favourite afternoon treat! Its topped with a sour cream glaze.
If you don’t like coconut flour – make sure to check out my favourite keto donuts made with almond flour – they are also egg free!
I think the best things about these donuts is that you can turn them into any flavour you want. Add some pureed pumpkin, cinnamon or any of your favourite flavours! (I personally would add vanilla cupcake from Oooflavors.com)
The recipe is fairly simple, I’d say that even a novice baker could make these keto donuts. All you need is coconut flour, whey isolate, cocoa powder, eggs, butter, sugar substitute and sour cream. Basically you just have to mix them together in a bowl and pour into a donut mold.
I used this donut mold from amazon (WHICH I LOVE!) but if you use a metal donut pan, I recommend greasing it with butter before adding in the batter.
I highly recommend using full fat sour cream. I bought mine at my local grocery store and despite it not being labelled as low fat – it was really runny meaning it’s lacking fat to make it more solid. So try to get the full fat version!
- 1/4 cup (30g) coconut flour
- 1 scoop (30g) whey isolate
- 5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar substitute (granular)
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup (60g) sour cream
- 1/4 cup (50g) melted butter
- 1/2 cup (100g) powdered sugar substitute
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2-3 tsp sour cream
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients for the donuts.
- Add in the liquid and whisk until incorporated.
- Spoon into 6 donut molds (make sure it is greased if metal)
- Bake at 350°F / 175°C for 12 minutes.
- Take out and let cool before removing them from the mold.
- Whisk together the glaze ingredients.
- Dip the top of the donuts into the glaze.
This makes roughly 6 donuts.
Nutritional lnformation per donut:
- CALS: 179
- FAT: 13
- CARBS: 6
- FIBRE: 2.5
- NET CARBS: 3.5
- PROTEIN: 9.3