An easy, delicious low carb and keto onion bread! No eggs! Great for early morning toast or a grilled cheese! 1.5 net carbs per slice.
- 2 cups (200g) almond flour
- 4 scoops (100g total) whey isolate unflavoured
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup (60g) sour cream
- 1/2 cup (45g) green onions - chopped finely
- 1/2 small onion (35-40g) - chopped finely
- 1 shallot - chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 1.5 cups (150g) shredded cheese
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- In a large mixing bowl, add your onions, garlic chilli flakes salt, pepper and cheese.
- Pour in the sour cream and mix thoroughly.
- Scoop in the almond flour, whey isolate, xanthan gum and baking powder.
- Begin mixing and start adding in the water until you have a thick paste like dough.
- Spoon into a lined or greased loaf tin (8.5x4.5)
- Bake at 350°F / 175°C for 50 minutes. You will know it's done when you push down on the top and feel resistance. If it feels empty when you press it, the bread needs more time.
- Cover the top with foil when you've reached the half way point.
- Take out and let cool.
This makes between 23-25 slices!
Nutritional information per slice:
- CALS: 75
- FAT: 7
- CARBS: 2.5
- FIBRE: 1
- NET CARBS: 1.5
- PROTEIN: 7.5