A GIANT keto skillet cookie is so easy to make and no mess! It’s fluffy, thick and crunchy at the same time! A perfect cookie.
I got the inspiration for this on facebook earlier when one of my friends posted a picture of her (non-keto) chocolate chip skillet cookie. I knew right then and there that I had to make it sugar and gluten free. It was surprisingly easy.
I tweaked my keto chocolate chip cookie recipe for this except I swapped out the baking powder for baking soda and it worked really well!
I also omitted some of the almond flour and added whey isolate to make it fluffy. If you don’t want to use the whey isolate, you can omit it and use a total of 2 cups (200g) of almond flour instead. It will work and still taste just as delicious!
I highly recommend using a stand mixer for this but a hand mixer will also work without issues.
A giant cookie! Sugar, gluten and grain free, this keto skillet cookie tastes just like your average one! Enjoy with a nice cold drink!
- In a large mixing bowl, use a stand mixer or spatula to cream the butter, sugar substitute and vanilla together.
- Crack in the egg and mix again.
- Pour in the almond flour, whey isolate baking soda and xanthan gum.
- Mix thoroughly. Make sure that the dough is very well mixed and that there are no clumps of butter in the dough.
- Stir in your chocolate chips.
- Spoon the dough onto a greased cast iron skillet. (Approx 9-inches)
- Spread the dough so it evenly covers the bottom of the skillet.
- Bake at 350°F / 175°C for 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- You will notice that it is super soft when it comes out but it will harden up as it cools.
This makes approx 18 servings.
Nutritional Information per serving:
- CALS: 162
- FAT: 15.4
- CARBS: 2.6
- FIBRE: 1.2
- NET CARBS: 1.4
- PROTEIN: 4.2