A GIANT keto skillet cookie is so easy to make and no mess! It’s fluffy, thick and crunchy at the same time! A perfect cookie.
I got the inspiration for this on facebook earlier when one of my friends posted a picture of her (non-keto) chocolate chip skillet cookie. I knew right then and there that I had to make it sugar and gluten free. It was surprisingly easy.
I tweaked my keto chocolate chip cookie recipe for this except I swapped out the baking powder for baking soda and it worked really well!
I also omitted some of the almond flour and added whey isolate to make it fluffy. If you don’t want to use the whey isolate, you can omit it and use a total of 2 cups (200g) of almond flour instead. It will work and still taste just as delicious!
I highly recommend using a stand mixer for this but a hand mixer will also work without issues.
If you like this keto cookie recipe, make sure to check out my keto lemon cookies and keto peanut butter cookies!
Keto Skillet Cookie || Chocolate Chip
A giant cookie! Sugar, gluten and grain free, this keto skillet cookie tastes just like your average one! Enjoy with a nice cold drink!
- 3/4 cup (150g) butter – room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar substitute
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups (175g) almond flour
- 2 tbsp whey isolate
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar free chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, use a stand mixer or spatula to cream the butter, sugar substitute and vanilla together.
- Crack in the egg and mix again.
- Pour in the almond flour, whey isolate baking soda and xanthan gum.
- Mix thoroughly. Make sure that the dough is very well mixed and that there are no clumps of butter in the dough.
- Stir in your chocolate chips.
- Spoon the dough onto a greased cast iron skillet. (Approx 9-inches)
- Spread the dough so it evenly covers the bottom of the skillet.
- Bake at 350°F / 175°C for 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- You will notice that it is super soft when it comes out but it will harden up as it cools.
This makes approx 18 servings.
Nutritional Information per serving:
- CALS: 162
- FAT: 15.4
- CARBS: 2.6
- FIBRE: 1.2
- NET CARBS: 1.4
- PROTEIN: 4.2