Who doesn’t love cookies!? Last week, I made some delicious low carb chocolate chip cookies… today, I tried keto cinnamon roll cookies!
So I figured I could have made some fathead dough, roll it up and then flatten it but instead, I chose to make a traditional cookie with a lot of cinnamon – then top it off with a cream cheese frosting.
I have to say, it worked out really well!
As per my chocolate chip recipe, I used a little whey isolate. I love adding it to cookies. It gives it a fluffy interior but a nice crunch on the outside. 100% it is something you need to add to any cookie.
HOWEVER – if you want to omit they whey isolate – you can! Just leave it out and use a total of two cups of almond flour instead.
Now I baked these cinnamon roll cookies at 350°F / 175°C for around 12 minutes and they were perfect for me – but if you want a crunchier cookie, I recommend baking at 375°F / 190°C instead.
I hope you like these delicious keto cookies! Make sure to check out my keto chocolate chip cookies!
Keto Cinnamon Roll Cookies || Sugar & Grain Free
Keto cinnamon roll cookies! A delicious grain free cinnamon cookie topped with a sugar free cream cheese frosting!
- 3/4 cup (150g) butter – room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar substitute
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups (175g) almond flour
- 2 tbsp whey isolate
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum (optional)
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar substitute
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl, use a stand mixer or spatula to cream the butter, sugar substitute and vanilla together.
- Crack in the egg and mix again.
- Pour in the almond flour, cinnamon, whey isolate, baking soda and xanthan gum.
- Mix thoroughly. Make sure that the dough is very well mixed and that there are no clumps of butter in the dough.
- Place tbsp size balls of dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Leave enough room between so they can spread.
- Bake at 350°F / 175°C for 12 minutes.While the cookies are cooling, mix the frosting ingredients together until smooth.
- When the cookies have finally cooled - ice your cookies and enjoy!
This makes approximately 25 cookies.
Nutritional Information per cookie:
- CALS: 105
- FAT: 10
- CARBS: 1.8
- FIBRE: 0.8
- NET CARBS: 1
- PROTEIN: 3.1