Whats better than chocolate chip cookies?? Keto DOUBLE chocolate chip cookies! These are almond, sugar and grain free plus only 0.5 net carbs per cookie!
Real talk – coconut flour is really tough to work with. I’ve made over 5 batches of coconut flour chocolate chip cookies and all they did was BURN (but tasted amazing to be honest).
It took me countless tries – less butter.. more butter… less flour… more flour.. none of these worked until I realized I needed to cool the batter before baking as well as lower the temperature of the oven.
All that being said – these aren’t PERFECT. They’re flatter than I wanted and softer than a traditional cookie.. but the taste is 100% decadent and delicious which is why I decided to post these ones.
But Im issuing a call for help: If YOU can figure out how to perfect these cookies so they are thick(er), crisp, and without burning – please let me know!!
If you want to try the BEST keto cookies with almond flour – look no further than here!!
Keto Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Keto double chocolate chip cookies using coconut flour! Decadent and delicious (work in progress)
- 1/2 cup (100g) + 2 tbsp butter - room temperature
- 1/3 cup (70g) sugar substitute
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup (40g) + 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp whey isolate (optional)
- 1/2 cup (90g) sugar free chocolate chip cookies
- Using a hand or stand mixer - cream the butter, vanilla and sugar substitute together.
- Crack in the 2 eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Pour in the coconut flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and whey isolate.
- Mix until the entire batter is chocolate.
- Add in the chocolate chips and stir again!
- Freeze the batter for 20 minutes.
- Place tsp size balls of dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Press the cookies slightly flat with your hands.
- Bake at 225°F / 110°C for 20 minutes.
- Let cool before enjoying!
This makes approximately 24 cookies.
Nutritional Information per cookie:
- CALS: 71
- FAT: 5.7
- CARBS: 1.7
- FIBRE: 1.2
- NET CARBS: 0.5
- PROTEIN: 2.3