When I say this is one of the best pizzas I’ve had – I mean it. This keto pesto pizza is honestly a big fave. I used to eat it days in a row – it’s that good! And now I’m sharing it with YOU.. because honestly, you all deserve it.
The key to making this pizza perfect is using fathead dough as the crust. I usually HATE making fathead and honestly, I’m kind of over it in general but with the pesto topping.. it is absolutely delightful! However, if you want to try it on a non-fathead dough, I recommend this one (but again, fathead is better for this).
You’ll notice I skipped the cream cheese in the crust (the OG recipe calls for 2 tbsp) and that’s only because I didn’t have any but if you want to add it, feel free!
I will also recommend using fresh homegrown basil. Obviously, if you can’t – you can use store bought basil (organic perhaps)… but there’s something about homegrown basil – it’s much stronger both in smell and taste. I have found the store bought basil to be a bit lack luster if you ask me.
Anywho – this keto pesto pizza is amazing and I hope you all like it!
Check out my easy keto vegetarian pizza or my keto fathead free pizza crust!
Keto Pesto Pizza
This keto pesto pizza will not disappoint. Paired with the fathead crust - this will be a new favourite! Gluten, grain and sugar free.
- 3/4 cup (75g) almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups (200g) shredded mozzarella
- 1 egg
- 2 cups (40g) - packed basil
- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 2-3 tbsp pine nuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup (45g) parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- In a food processor or blender, add your basil, olive oil, pine nuts, garlic and parmesan cheese. Blend until smooth.
- Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the almond flour and baking powder.
- Add in the melted mozzarella. (Melt using a microwave or double boiler)
- Crack in the egg and being to mix together.
- Once somewhat combined, take out and knead on top of a piece of parchment.
- When the dough is all mixed together, roll flat between two pieces of parchment.
- Use your hands to form it into a circular pizza.
- Bake at 350°F \ 175°C for 25-30 minutes.
- Take out and spread some of the pesto on top!
You can use storebought pesto if wanted!
This makes approx 8 slices.
Nutritional Information per slice (approximate):
- CALS: 199
- FAT: 16.5
- CARBS: 3.8
- FIBRE: 1.2
- NET CARBS: 2.6
- PROTEIN: 11.7
Love your recipes thanks so much, know what I’m cooking tonight