When I say this is one of the best pizzas I’ve had – I mean it. This keto pesto pizza is honestly a big fave. I used to eat it days in a row – it’s that good! And now I’m sharing it with YOU.. because honestly, you all deserve it.
The key to making this pizza perfect is using fathead dough as the crust. I usually HATE making fathead and honestly, I’m kind of over it in general but with the pesto topping.. it is absolutely delightful! However, if you want to try it on a non-fathead dough, I recommend this one (but again, fathead is better for this).
You’ll notice I skipped the cream cheese in the crust (the OG recipe calls for 2 tbsp) and that’s only because I didn’t have any but if you want to add it, feel free!
I will also recommend using fresh homegrown basil. Obviously, if you can’t – you can use store bought basil (organic perhaps)… but there’s something about homegrown basil – it’s much stronger both in smell and taste. I have found the store bought basil to be a bit lack luster if you ask me.
Anywho – this keto pesto pizza is amazing and I hope you all like it!
This keto pesto pizza will not disappoint. Paired with the fathead crust - this will be a new favourite! Gluten, grain and sugar free.
- 3/4 cup (75g) almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups (200g) shredded mozzarella
- 1 egg
- 2 cups (40g) - packed basil
- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 2-3 tbsp pine nuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup (45g) parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- In a food processor or blender, add your basil, olive oil, pine nuts, garlic and parmesan cheese. Blend until smooth.
- Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the almond flour and baking powder.
- Add in the melted mozzarella. (Melt using a microwave or double boiler)
- Crack in the egg and being to mix together.
- Once somewhat combined, take out and knead on top of a piece of parchment.
- When the dough is all mixed together, roll flat between two pieces of parchment.
- Use your hands to form it into a circular pizza.
- Bake at 350°F \ 175°C for 25-30 minutes.
- Take out and spread some of the pesto on top!
You can use storebought pesto if wanted!
This makes approx 8 slices.
Nutritional Information per slice (approximate):
- CALS: 199
- FAT: 16.5
- CARBS: 3.8
- FIBRE: 1.2
- NET CARBS: 2.6
- PROTEIN: 11.7