I don’t know about you, but pogo sticks (called corn dogs in America) were a staple of my childhood. Even before starting keto, I ate them every once in while. SO GOOD. So I had to try homemade pogo sticks and trust me, they were worth it. They tasted just like store bought. So I present – keto corn dogs!
For this recipe, I used jumbo hot dogs cut in half.. If you use regular sized hot dogs keep them the same size.. Try to find a hot dog with a low carb count and one that doesn’t have a ton of fillers and additives. You may be able to find them at a local farmers market!
Now obviously there is no corn in this recipe – but if you want to get that corn dog flavour, I suggest adding some corn bread flavouring! Now I know you are thinking: “there’s corn bread flavouring?” – YES!
Oooflavors makes so many delicious flavours, including corn bread. (*not sponsored*) Check them out! They are keto friendly as well!
Keto corn dogs! A delicious hot dog wrapped in a fathead based dough. Perfect low carb snack for the kids and barely any mess!
- 2 cups (200g) skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cups (75g) almond flour
- 8 jumbo hot dogs halved
- 16 popsicle sticks
- First make your fathead dough.
- In a pan, melt your cheese and almond flour. Stir consistently until a dough forms - about 5 minutes.
- Take one of your hot dog halves & stick a popsicle stick into the cut end.
- Take a piece of dough and wrap it around the hot dog. Squeezing so that the dough seals around the hot dog and the stick.
- Place them onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30 minutes at 350!
This makes roughly 16 corn dogs!
Nutritional Information per corn dog
- CALS: 168
- FAT: 15.1
- CARBS: 4.1
- FIBRE: 0.6
- NET CARBS: 3.5
- PROTIEN: 9.8