This was a request on one of my youtube videos and boy am I glad I did it! This is the BEST keto coffee cake I’ve ever had. It’s moist, it’s dense but not too heavy. It’s just right. This is definitely something to make if you’re having afternoon tea, family dinner or any occasion.
I got the inspiration from THIS recipe by the One Pot Chef! I decided to make it keto (and also altered just a teenybit)
You definitely don’t have to add the syrup, but it keeps it moist and boosts the coffee flavour just a bit. HIGHLY recommend.
If you want to bake this in a regular square or circle cake pan, just make sure it is fully cooked before you take it out of the oven. Definitely stick a tooth pick into the middle and if it comes out clean, with no batter – you’re good to go!
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup brewed coffee (I used instant)
- 100g softened butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar substitute (I used Swerve)
- 2 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup Swerve
- 1/2 tsp instant coffee
- In a bowl, mix together your sour cream and coffee until smooth. Mix in your softened butter, again mixing until smooth. Finally add in your eggs one at a time. Whisk between each egg.
- Stir in your sugar substitute until it has dissolved. In a separate bowl or measuring cup, mix together your almond flour and baking powder. Fold your flour into the coffee mix 1/4 cup at a time.
- Once it's all mixed in, pour it into a greased bundt cake pan. Bake at 350 for roughly 30-40 minutes. Check often and make sure to insert a toothpick to make sure it's done.
- Take the cake out and leave it to cool for 10-15 minutes before taking it out of the pan.
- While you wait, stir together your water and swerve on medium heat. Stir until the sugar substitute dissolves. Add in your instant coffee, then set aside and let cool.
- When ready to serve, pour a portion of the syrup onto the cake (leave the rest for later if it's too dry) and top with powdered sugar substitute. (Swerve had powdered erythritol)
- Cut and Serve!
This makes roughly 8 pieces.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per slice)