Holy moly, this is a great substitute for potato gnocchi! So delish! I made it with a bacon tomato sauce and it was so good. Like little fluffy pillows made of cheese!
There are a few things I should mention when making this video.
1. Drain and dry the ricotta before hand. Minimum 30 minutes but preferably more. Make sure there is no moisture in there.
2. I used roughly 1 1/2 cups of almond flour but add more if needed. You should be able to touch the dough with your finger and it doesnt stick. You should also be able to easily roll it in your hands! Adding too much though will make it break easily in the pot.
3. I called this video low carb and not keto because the carbs are a bit higher than I intended. However the ingredients are all keto.
What you’ll need:
- 250g (8oz) Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 cup (60g) Parmesan Cheese
- Tsp garlic powder, salt, pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (135g) Almond Flour
In a bowl, mix together your ricotta, parmesan, salt, pepper, garlic and eggs.
Add in your almond flour 1/2 cup (45g) at a time.
Roll the dough into snakes on a piece of parchment paper.
Using a knife, cut them into smaller pieces.
Bring a pot of water to a boil and drop in half the gnocchi. They are done when they float to the top – it should take about 2-3 minutes. Take them out and then add in the other half of the gnocchi.
Top with your favourite keto sauce and enjoy! This makes roughly 4 servings.
NET CARBS: 7.3