Getting in the holiday spirit with these candy cane creme brulees! Super yummy custard with a hint of peppermint and a nice hard sugar substitute crust. I liked to sprinkle a crushed sugar free candy cane on top or you can caramelize the candy cane!
So because I moved earlier this year, I didn’t have torch. That means I had to broil it – but my stove doesn’t have a broiler? So I had to use what I had available. You could definitely get yours a little bit browner and caramelized than mine.
As for the sugar free candy canes – you can find a TON of those online! Or (similar to me) you could crush up sugar free peppermint hard candies.
My first cookbook is out now! Buy it on Amazon!
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar substitute (I used erythritol)
- 1 cup (236ml) heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 4 mini sugar free candy canes – crushed (or SF mint hard candies)
- 4 tsp erythritol – for caramelizing
- boiling water
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together your egg yolks and sugar substitute.
- Pour in your cream, vanilla and peppermint extract and stir.
- Scoop the cream mix into 4 ramekins.
- Place the ramekins into a boiling hot water bath, making sure not to get any water into the ramekins)
- Bake at 350°F / 175°C for 35 minutes.
- Take out and let cool.
- Spoon your erythritol onto the top of the custard. You could also mix in your candy cane if you prefer.
- Use a torch or broiler to caramelize the top. Keep a close eye on it so it doesn’t burn!
- Take out and cool. DO NOT TOUCH.
- When cooled, top with crushed candy canes if desired.
2.1 net carbs per ramekin
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 247 Total Fat: 25.4g Carbohydrates: 2.1g Fiber: 0g Protein: 3.2g