This keto queso dip is Hungry Elephant APPROVED. Guys, it’s so simple and takes hardly any time at all to make. It’s perfect to serve guests and family at any dinner party.
The best part of this recipe is that it is only THREE ingredients. Salsa, cream and of course, CHEESE. The salsa adds a bit of spice, tamed down by the cream.
Now I used sugar free salsa, found in my local market, but if you’re doing lazy keto, you could find a good brand at the grocery store that is very low carb but might contain traces of sugar.
If you want to make this cream free – you could also use almond milk, or half-and-half if you want to cut down on the calories.
I think one of the other things that is great about this recipe is that it is thickener free. I didn’t use any xanthan gum or anything because I let a bit of the water from the salsa & cream cook off making it a thicker as it cooked. It also thickens up as it cools.
A video will be uploaded in time – I had some troubles with corruption when I was filming and lost all my videos. I got the photos back thankfully, but disappointed I couldn’t get back my videos.
The best keto queso you've ever tasted and only three ingredients. Share with 8 of your friends and you're only consuming 2.6 net carbs. Yes - there is that much!
- 1 cup (approx 230g) salsa - no sugar added
- 2 cups (200g) cheddar cheese - shredded or cubed
- 1 cup (250ml) heavy cream
- On a pot over medium heat, stir together the salsa and heavy cream.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Once simmering, add the cheese in small amounts & stir until melted into the cream.
- Continue to add the cheese & stir until all the cheese is melted.
- Simmer and stir frequently until it begins to thicken up just a bit.
- It will continue to thicken after you take off heat.
- Enjoy with your favourite low-carb dippers!
There is a lot so best served to groups of people!
Nutritional Information per serving:
- CALS: 213
- FAT: 19.5
- CARBS: 3.1
- FIBRE: 0.5
- NET CARBS: 2.6
- PROTIN: 6.7
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 213Total Fat: 19.5gCarbohydrates: 3.1gFiber: 0.5gProtein: 6.7g