A keto chocolate torte with a twist! This keto chocolate cake has a hint of bourbon and is perfect for the holiday parties!
I have to admit, this recipe is SO easy to make and the ganache topping isn’t hard either. All you have to do is melt the chocolate and add some bourbon!
Don’t have bourbon? Add some rum or even some whiskey! Both of these drinks are great options for those who are on keto. Of course you will want to stay away from the store bought sweetened alcohol like maple rum. Those will have added sugars and carbs that we want to avoid.
The ideal cake pan size – for this recipe is a 9-inch springform pan. However if you want to make it using a square pan that will work too but if it’s very thin, you may have to alter the baking time so it’s not overcooked and dry.
My friend Anne-Marie made it last November and really enjoyed it! Here’s what hers looked like!
View this post on Instagram
Bourbon chocolate torte by @hungryelephant OMG!!!!! I just want to stick my face into it lol. Didn’t even taste my dinner in my haste to try this. It’s a new recipe on her website so go check it out www.hungryelephant.ca Couldn’t be simpler to make, just chuck everything in a bowl and give it a quick mix.
- 1/2 cup (120g) sour cream
- 1/2 cup (118ml) bourbon
- 1/4 cup (50g) butter – melted
- 3 eggs – beaten
- 2 cups (200g) almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp dark cocoa powder (can be replaced with regular cocoa powder)
- 2 tbsp regular cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar substitute (I used erythritol)
- 2 keto, sugar free, chocolate bars (approx 150g total)
- 4 tbsp bourbon
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all your cake ingredients.
- Once mixed thoroughly, pour into a 9-inch cake pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350°F/175°C for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when poked.
- Set aside and let cool.
- Place your chocolate & bourbon into a pot and melt using a double boiler. (alternatively, you could melt chocolate and bourbon together in the microwave)
- Once the chocolate becomes smooth and shiny, pour on top of the cake and spread with a spatula or spoon.
This makes roughly 12 slices.
Nutritional Information Per Piece:
NET CARBS: 3.5
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 268 Total Fat: 21.3g Carbohydrates: 6.7g Fiber: 3.2g Protein: 7.2g