These keto lettuce wraps are BURSTING with flavour and the best part is, it takes only 20 minutes to make and tastes like the ones you can get at Jack Astors and PF Changs!
The meat I used for this recipe is pork but you can use any ground meat that you’d like just make sure that it has a high fat content and has no additives.
I’ve seen many lettuce wrap recipes add some hoisin sauce. If you’re low carb you can definitely add some in but I recommend if you are keto to avoid it as it is entirely soy. However even without the hoisin sauce, they taste like the wraps you’d find at a restaurant. So yummy!
Now these are kind of spicy due to the chili flakes, so if you cant handle spice, feel free to leave them out. However if you want to kick it up a bit – add some sriracha instead!
Low carb and incredibly tasty! These keto lettuce wraps take no time at all to make PLUS are only 4 whole carbs!
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 400g minced pork
- 1 small onion - chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2-3 tbsp coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- Green onions
- In a pan over medium high heat, cook the meat until it is nice and brown.
- Add in the onion and saute until all excess water has been cooked off.
- Mix in the ginger, garlic, coconut aminos, sesame oil, and rice wine vinegar.
- Cook on high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Take off heat and mix in the chili flakes and green onions.
- Scoop into lettuce leaves and enjoy!
This makes approximately 4 lettuce wraps.
Nutritional Information per wrap:
- CALS: 346
- FAT: 24.2
- CARBS: 3.9
- FIBRE: 0.6
- NET CARBS: 3.3
- PROTEIN: 27