It’s payday (for me) so that means for at least 1 day I can splurge on some keto products like whey isolate which is far too expensive in this country. Time to make some keto cheese and bacon bread!
I based this recipe on my original keto white bread recipe. It’s fairly easy, gluten free and takes like 30 minutes from start to finish.
For this keto bacon bread, I used 10 slices of thin bacon. I realize it may not look like 10 slices but they shrink on the stove.
As for the cheese, I used white cheddar but you can use any kind you want! Mozzarella would also be delicious or maybe even some Monterey Jack!
Hope you all like this super simple keto cheese and bacon bread! It’ would be amazing as croutons or garlic bread!
Keto Bacon Bread
A delightful gluten free bread stuffed with cheese and BACON. Best thing - it has NO eggs so no eggy taste! Only 2 net carbs per slice.
- 2 cups (200g) almond flour
- 1.75 cups (100g) whey isolate
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 cup (60g) sour cream
- 1/2 cup (100g) butter - melted
- 10 slices bacon (approx 200g) cooked & crumbled
- 2 cups (200g) shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp (130ml) water
- salt & pepper
- Cook your bacon to your desired crispiness. I like mine extra crispy.
- After the bacon is done, remove from the pan & melt the butter in the same pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, whey isolate, garlic, oregano, parsley, baking powder, xanthan gum, salt and pepper.
- Scoop in the sour cream and add in the melted butter. Stir until it's lightly mixed into the flours.
- Pour in the water and continue to stir until you have a thick batter.
- Mix in the cheddar cheese and bacon.
- Pour into a lined 2lb loaf tin.
- Bake at 350°F / 175°C for 40 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before cutting open.
This makes approximately 15 slices.
Nutritional Information per slice:
- CALS: 230
- FAT: 18.8
- CARBS: 3.9
- FIBRE: 1.7
- NET CARBS: 2.2
- PROTEIN: 13. 5
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Can I use collagen instead of why isolate?
I think it would be ok but I havent tried
? OMG! This is so delicious and easy to make! My mom and 10-year old niece have both requested this bread three times since I’ve tried this recipe THe day you published this recipe a few weeks ago. Thank you, thank you. Easy ingredients in a recipe that doesn’t require a billion eggs AND sooo tasty. Yay!