There’s nothing better than adding a little chocolate to your bread-type loaves..am I right? That’s why this keto chocolate chip bread is one of my new favourites to make!
To be honest, I was going to try to make a version of keto babka – but since this bread can’t be rolled, I was going to swirl in melted chocolate. However I wasn’t sure well it would work so I used chocolate chips instead and it is wonderful!
I based this recipe off my simple keto sweet bread recipe. All you have to do is mix together the ingredients and bake! SO easy.
I know people will ask – and at the moment – no there is no replacement for the whey or collagen. I highly recommend using those if possible because they up keto baked goods to another level.
Also if you are using collagen, I’d recommend using collagen based PROTEIN powder. I’ve had a few people who mentioned that using straight collagen didn’t work however I have had success with collagen based protein powders.
I also added a few drops of Oooflavors Glazed Donut flavouring. This isn’t sponsored but they have some incredible flavours! However if you don’t have any, vanilla will work.
The most delicious keto chocolate chip bread. No dryness plus no EGGS. Only 1.9 net carbs per slice.
- 2.5 cups (250g) almond flour
- 2 cups (approx 100g) whey isolate
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla (or other flavour)
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup (100g) butter - melted
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar substitute
- 1/4 cup (60ml) sour cream (or greek yogurt)
- 3/4 cup (177ml) water
- 100g sugar free chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, protein powder, xanthan gum, salt, sugar substitute and baking powder.
- Pour the butter, sour cream and vanilla into the dry ingredients and mix. You won't be able to mix it entirely and that is ok.
- Add in the water and stir again until you have a thick batter.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into a lined loaf tin.
- Bake at 350°F/175°C for 30-35 minutes.
This makes approx 18 slices/servings.
Nutritional Information per serving:(minus sugar alcohols)
- CALS: 189
- FAT: 14.4
- CARBS: 3.9
- FIBRE: 2
- NET CARBS: 1.9
- PROTEIN: 11