It’s almost NFL season! Do you know what that means? It’s time for afternoon football parties with all the best appetizers. I love tortillas and dip so I decided to make a keto spinach dip that goes SO well with my keto cheese chips!
Do I even have to explain this one? Everyone loves spinach dip and to be honest, it’s already pretty much keto!
Keto spinach dip is actually fairly easy to make! You just have to mix the ingredients together into a bowl, pour into an oven-safe dish and bake!
For this recipe, I used fresh spinach – but I know a lot of people will be wondering if you can use frozen. The answer is yes – definitely! However you will need to make sure it is thawed and that all of the moisture is out of them! Squeezing them with a paper towel should do the trick.
One thing I will note is the sour cream. When I opened mine, it was more liquidy than I imagined, It may have been a ‘lighter’ version than normal and I didn’t notice. Usually it’s slightly firm. Either or will work, but for keto I would stick to a firmer, full fat version.
This recipe is pretty versatile – you can add anything you want, like paprika, red chillies or even artichoke hearts.
I enjoyed this dip with my cheese chips!
- 1 package (200g) spinach
- 1 cup (225g) cream cheese
- 3/4 cup (200g) sour cream
- 1.5 cups (150g) mozzarella - shredded
- 1.25 (100g) parmesan cheese - grated
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp chives
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp garlic - minced
- 1 tbsp dried onion
- Place the spinach in a pan over medium heat. Stirring occassionally until the spinach has withered and is about 1/4 of it's original size. Make sure to boil off any excess liquid.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the rest of the ingredients.
- Add in the spinach and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer to a baking dish or small casserole dish.
- Top with any extra mozzarella & parmesan
- Bake at 375°F / 190°C for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned up top.
- Enjoy with my keto cheese chips!
This serves between 6-8 people.
Nutritional Information per serving:
- CALS: 287
- FAT: 24.7
- CARBS: 5.1
- FIBRE: 0.7
- NET CARBS: 4.4
- PROTEIN: 13.2