Whats better than a taco? A deconstructed one without all the carbs! Yes, this is a keto taco casserole that can double as a dorito casserole!
The best thing about this casserole is that it is a great source of fat and protein!!!
For this recipe, I made just a basic casserole, you can add some peppers, onions or even some shredded lettuce if you’d like. It’s all up to you!
Like I said, you could also make this into a Dorito casserole, I layered the bottom of my pan with some fresh homemade pork rinds, then sprinkled on some of my keto Dorito dust. SUPER delicious but totally optional. It is also very yummy without it.
A good sugar free salsa is Muir Glen brand, as well, I would highly recommend grating your own cheese as the store brands have hidden carbs.
- 350g mined beef
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 cup (250ml) salsa - no sugar added
- 3/4 cup (200g) sour cream
- 1.5 cups (175g) shredded cheese
- 2-3 tsp keto dorito seasoning
- Pork rinds
- In a pan over medium heat, cook your minced beef until it is brown and no pink colour remains.
- Stir in the taco seasoning and 1/2 of the salsa. Take off heat.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the sour cream and 1/2 (100g) of the shredded cheese. Set aside.
- (Optional) Take your casserole dish and place a layer of crumbled pork rinds to cover the bottom. Sprinkle the dorito seasoning on top.
- Scoop the beef mix into the casserole dish, on top of the pork rinds (or cover the bottom of the dish if skipping the pork rinds)
- Pour the rest of the salsa on top of the beef and spread it around but don't mix thoroughly.
- Spoon the sour cream/cheese mixture and spread on top of the salsa.
- Lastly, sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese as the final layer.
- Bake at 400°F / 200°C for 20 minutes or until the top has browned nicely.
This makes roughly 6 servings.
Nutritional Information per serving: :
- CALS: 348
- FAT: 27.7
- CARBS: 4.3
- FIBRE: 0.2
- NET CARBS: 4.1
- PROTEIN: 20.1
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 348 Total Fat: 27.7g Carbohydrates: 4.3g Fiber: 0.2g Protein: 20.1g