Just stop looking. I’ve made the most simple and the BEST keto appetizer around! Asian style cocktail sausages are just absolutely amazing and SO low carb! You’ll want to eat the whole thing!
So because these cocktail sausages are so small and I usually won’t eat a TON of them at a time, Im don’t mind if they have a little bit of wheat in them.
The brand I use is Supervalu and they are sold frozen in a bag. 100g is 9 carbs, which equals around 10 sausages so they are just under 1 carb per sausage. I probably won’t eat 10 in total, so that is fine for me.
If you are concerned about the fillers (especially wheat as it may contain gluten for all you coeliacs/intolerants, try looking at a local butcher!
I think this is one of the best sausage recipes I’ve done. The sauce seems like it may be too sweet, but with the extra water, it gets diluted. The sauce also thickens up nicely as it cooks.
I think making these is pretty self explanatory so I hope you all enjoy!
- 25 cocktail sausages
- 2 tbsp (25g) brown sugar substitute
- 1/4 cup (60ml) coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1.5 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp mustard (powder or regular)
- 1 tsp ginger (powder or minced)
- 1 tbsp sugar free maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 green onion - chopped
- On a pan over medium heat, cook the sausages until they are 90% cooked.
- While the sausages cook, whisk together the coconut aminos, sugar substitute, mustard, ginger, garlic, sesame oil and water in a small bowl.
- Once the sausages are 90% done, pour in the sesame sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Continue cooking until all the water has evaporated and the sauce becomes thicker. Turn the sausages frequently.
- Coat the