Ok lets be honest. I was ATTEMPTING to make doughnuts but failed, so instead of frying these, I baked them, making keto cake bites!
When I tried to deep fry them, they just fell apart. I had all this batter so figured I’d roll them into balls and bake them more like biscuits. I can tell you right now – they taste exactly like a doughnut would!
However, if you had a doughnut tray or a cake pop tray, you could definitely bake them in there to make the shape right. I sadly have neither.
Anyway, I can’t believe how delicious these actually are and the fact that they have NO eggs? Perfect!
In this recipe, I also used Oooflavors ‘Vanilla Cupcake’ – while it definitely adds a decadent, delicious flavour – it’s not needed. However I highly recommend checking them out!
Basically doughnuts but baked not fried. These keto cake bites will satisfy your sweet tooth. Great for times when you want cake but not a whole cake.
- 1 cup (100g) almond flour
- 1/2 cup (1 scoop, 30 g) whey isolate
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup (25g) sugar substitute
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 droppers Oooflavors Vanilla Cupcake
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup (117ml) water
- 1 tsbp psyllium husk
- 1/4 cup (35g) powdered sugar substitute
- 3-4 splashes of water
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all the cake ingredients.
- Use wet hands to form the batter into balls of dough, placing them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350°F/175°C for 15-20 minutes.
- Take out and let cool.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar substitute and water.
- Pour overtop the cake bites.
This makes roughly 10 cake bites.
Nutritional Information per cake bite:
- CALS: 92
- FAT: 7.2
- CARBS: 3.1
- FIBRE: 2.2
- NET CARBS: 0.9
- PROTEIN: 5.1